For a limited time, American Express is offering a 5000 yen cashback credit on stays at Hyatt hotels in Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore. The offer can be reached from this site:
Unfortunately, the site is all in Japanese, but it is a simple form to fill out. Here are the fields you will need to fill out on the form, with English annotations and sample entries provided:
And that’s it! You’ll receive a lengthy Japanese mail to the mail address you entered above, explaining the details of the offer, a summary of which is as follows:
- Offer good at all Hyatt Hotels in Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore, for stays exceeding 25000 yen.
- Payment must be made with the American Express card that you registered with.
- The offer is good once per country. So if you could get the cashback a maximum of three times with stays in all three countries.
- The offer expires February 28th, 2017.
- The offer is limited to the first 20,000 people that register. As of yesterday, it was still possible to register.
If you have a Hyatt credit card, you’ll need to weigh the benefits of the 5000 yen cashback against forgoing the Hyatt points. Fortunately, with the impending introduction of World of Hyatt, that decision has gotten a lot easier for me to make.